Skip to main content

TSMC affiliate Vanguard and Dutch firm NXP to build $7.8 billion Singapore wafer plant

·1 min


Vanguard and NXP to Build $7.8B Wafer Plant in Singapore #

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.-backed Vanguard International Semiconductor Corporation and Dutch chip designer and manufacturer NXP Semiconductors have announced plans to construct a $7.8 billion wafer manufacturing plant in Singapore. The joint venture, known as VisionPower Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (VSMC), will see Vanguard holding a 60% stake and NXP holding the remaining 40%. The plant is scheduled to commence construction in the second half of 2024 and aims to begin shipping wafers to customers by 2027. The facility will create around 1,500 jobs and aims to produce wafers for various markets, including automotive, industrial, consumer, and mobile devices. NXP will invest $1.6 billion in the Singapore plant, while Vanguard plans to invest $2.4 billion. Additional funding will be provided by third parties.